I hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to spring. I know we are! This winter has been reaaaallllly long with all the snow and being confined to one room in our house. The construction progress is coming along really well considering we've had 3 storms with 20" of snow each! Today the contractors are finishing up the drywall, the insulaltion has been installed, and then the siding goes on next week barring any bad weather. The last thing left on the contractor's list is to build the staircase. Then it's our turn...god knows how long it's going to take us to install the wood floors, trim, bathroom tile, and appliances...but it will be a while.
In the meantime, I left my job (full-time...I'm still working there part-time) to take pre-requisites for Physician Assistant School. This is something I've always wanted to do, but got sidetracked for a few years. After leaving Luke in daycare for 9 hours a day, I realized that in order to continue leaving him, I have to LOVE my job. Being a PA is something I've always dreamed of so we're going for it. I'm taking Anatomy & Physiology I right now which is by far the most interesting class I've ever taken. This fall I apply to the program and we'll keep our fingers crossed that I get in.
Here are a few pictures of Luke taken this week. He just got his first pair of rubber boots from Gran and loves playing in the muddy yard outside. He's also really interested in all the construction upstairs so he asks for the "lamp" all the time (headlamp). He enjoys walking around upstairs at the end of the day to see all the progress.
Let's cross our fingers that spring is around the corner!
No comments:
Post a Comment