Here are the latest belly shots. I feel like this baby is growing very fast...faster than my skin can possibly stretch! I feel him moving a lot, but every time I tell Chris and he places his hand on my stomach, the baby stops moving. Hopefully Chris has this calming effect on the baby after he's born. However yesterday I was feeling sorry for myself because I couldn't have a cold beer (it was beautiful and hot out) or any interesting drink, for that matter, so I treated myself to a cold root beer. What I forgot to consider is that I don't ordinarily drink soda, so how would this affect the baby? All I thought about was myself, and how I wanted something other than water or milk for a change. After I finished half the can of soda, the baby started moving around more than I have ever felt him move before. At that moment it occurred to me that he probably had a major sugar high, so I guess I'll stay away from soda from now on! The good news is that Chris felt his little kicks or punches for the first time which was very exciting for him. We've definitely turned into "parents"...kicks and punches make our day, now.
Over the past week or so we've started preparing the dogs for Baby M's arrival. I don't think we're really preparing them...they have no clue...but we do say "where's the baby?" and Annie goes directly to my stomach. I don't know what she thinks she looking at or smelling...but at least she'll be familiar with the term "baby". Syd has no clue and just looks around the room.
5 comments:
I just realized that my head looks huge in these pictures...it's just a shadow but it looks pretty funny.
You look so great Em. It is so wonderful to hear you and Chris getting into all the kicks. It is neat. You keep on eating girl and growing!!! Can't wait until our visit. Rest up for your conference...
Love,
MOM
I am now stalking your blog, well I just like looking at your pics and wow your noggin is growing like your belly...just kidding. You look great we need to catch up soon! Keep up the good work mommy to be.
EM!! HELLO!?!? HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF O'DOULS!!!???? OR COORS also has a non-alcoholic beer that is excellent. there are a ton of them that do not have sugar, caffine OR that many calories. I am a connesiour (or however you spell!!!) of NON-alcoholic beer so check them out. btw, non-alcoholic wine..is horrible. just get grape juice. :)
Hey guys-
The house is all set, the car is fueled, and Chris learned how to read. What else is there left to do? Its been so nice to see things unfolding on the world wide web. As we cant see it happen for ourselves its the next best thing. We miss you both so much and cant wait to see you in a few months!!!
A&L
Post a Comment