Thursday, January 8, 2009

Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jim




Over Christmas vacation, Luke met the people responsible for his birth (indirectly): Aunt Debbie and Uncle Jim. Most of you know how Chris and I met...but in case you don't know the story, here's the abbreviated version:

The Monaco Family (Aunt Debbie, Uncle Jim, Katie, Chrissie, and Carrie) has lived down the street from us since I was about 11 years old and we have been very close family friends since. They always spoke about their nephew/cousin "Christopher" and how amazing he was. I was under the impression that Christopher was much younger than I was but it turned out he was only a year younger than me. Over spring break my senior year at Colgate, I decided to stay home because I had just traveled abroad and couldn't justify spending anymore money. While I was home I visited the Monaco family and they recommended that I meet and go on a date with Christopher. I wasn't really in the mood for a blind date...but then they showed me his picture :) WOW! What a handsome guy. I decided to go on the date. We had a wonderful time and I must say...I did fall in love with him that night. He was such a gentlemen, so handsome, funny, smart, etc. Now we have a beautiful son thanks to the Monaco family. Here are some cute pics from over the break...

No comments: