Monday, May 4, 2009

New job

I knew it was inevitable that I would have to go back to work, and if not for my old company, my dream was to work for a company called SpinSheet, the local sailing magazine (they cover the Chesapeake Bay region). Thanks to a few friends who put in a good word for me, and my experience at the Brian Madden Company, I'll be starting my new job May 18th. SpinSheet is a small company; I'll be the 11th employee. The people who work at SpinSheet are awesome, down-to-earth sailors who work very hard. I couldn't ask for a better group to work with, and it doesn't hurt that the office overlooks the water :) Luke will spend two weeks with his Mamie (Chris's mom) and then head to daycare June 1st. The daycare center is very nice and is within walking distance from our house. My office is only 2 miles from our house so I'll finally be able to ride my scooter to work! Sending Luke off to daycare is by far the most gut wrenching thing I'll ever do, but he enjoys kids a lot so I think it will be good for him. I am very excited about my job, and look forward to working again!

No comments: