Friday, May 1, 2009

Victory!

Mom, I'm going to spare you the shock and disgust right now: don't read any further because you're not going to like this post. Luke's new favorite "toy" is Annie's rawhide that she's been chewing on for the past month. We've been bribing Luke with this piece of rawhide in order to encourage him to crawl because no matter which toy we present him with, he always sees the rawhide and reaches for it. He knows he's not allowed to put it in his mouth but he tries me...he looks at me with his head down, and slowly sneaks it into his mouth. As soon as I tell him "no" (sternly), he laughs. Mom, does this sound familiar? I suppose it's payback.

Anyway, Luke has changed dramatically this week. We're noticing that he understands a lot of what we're saying. If we ask him "where's Syd" (or Annie, dada, mama), he looks at the correct person or dog. He definitely knows what "look what mama (or dada) has" (usually a bottle) and he freaks out with excitement. There are many more examples that I need to write down but it amazes us...so many changes occur so frequently!

Here's a pic of Luke after successfully crawling to the rawhide (with dada's help). Annie, in the foreground, is looking on with disgust. She doesn't understand why she's not allowed to touch his toys, but he's allowed to steal hers.

No comments: