Sunday, July 20, 2008

Week 32


Well, here's the week 32 (or 33) belly shot. I don't know why I'm smiling in this picture because I was not in a good mood. Pregnancy is no longer even the slightest bit comfortable. The worst thing right now is that my IT bands (tendons that run from your hip to knee) are inflamed so badly I can barely walk (and cannot sleep a wink). The problem is that when you're pregnant, you need to sleep on your side. For some reason this has really bothered and inflamed my IT bands, so I wake up in the middle of the night with what feels like a knife stabbing my hip. So I flip sides. One hour later, I wake up with the same feeling in the other hip. I've been icing, stretching, etc., and nothing seems to help so I'm seeing an orthopedist this week with the hopes that a cortisone shot is safe for the baby, and might do the trick!

On a more positive note, that wall behind me is almost gone. That wall separates our kitchen from the only "social" space in our house, the living room. It's been awkward with a wall in between the two rooms so Chris began the demolition yesterday. It's a load bearing wall so it's a complicated task but he's doing an awesome job. When this is finished it will be awesome being able to see the entire length of the house. It might actually feel like we have a bigger house!

No comments: