Thursday, July 31, 2008

Baby BBQ



This past weekend my sister and parents threw us a Beatty family "baby BBQ" instead of a traditional baby shower. It was a blast, and gave us the opportunity to have a party at our house which we have not done since we moved in. Everyone was extremely generous...we cannot thank our relatives and friends enough for all the gifts and support. We feel settled and ready to have this baby!

There are two gifts I have to post to the blog. The first is a quilt that my mom, sister, and two family friends spent months sewing for baby M. It's called an "I spy" (with my little eye) quilt, because of all the different things you and the baby can look for. Of course many of the squares on the quilt are meaningful to Chris and me, which makes it all the more special. It's absolutely stunning and means the world to us. The baby will love it! The second is a gift that was wrapped in Legos and was given to us by our friends, Brian and Jack (they are both my coworkers, too). This was the hit of the party...it took hours for these guys to wrap the baby gift in Legos (notice the bow and all...). I have never seen anything like this before! Thanks to everyone, especially those who drove from out of town!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Em and Chris' baby BBQ was a great hit. Kat organized it complete with designing the invitations. Great job. While Chris and Peter were swinging hammers and saws, Kat and I were gardening and preparing food. It was sooo good to see so many family and friends. A great time was had by all. The stroller, camera, clothes and more were fantastic. I think the Monaco family is ready for this new addition!!! Baby Monaco we are ready....
Love,
MOM

The Barefeet said...

EM! I LOVE your blog! Thanks for sharing! Can't wait to hear the exciting news!!! Lots of love to you all!!!
xoxoxoxoxox
Kara Linc and Newell!