Right before I began writing this post, I visited my friend Jenny's blog, and her new post was about the same as this one except her son is 4 months older than Luke, so the changes they witnessed in one day are a little different than Luke's. In a previous post I think I mentioned that Luke has flipped onto his stomach (or side) to sleep at night. Yesterday I put him down for his morning nap and a few minutes later I could hear him giggling like crazy. I went in to check on him, and not only had he flipped onto his stomach, but he had turned 180 degrees and scootched himself to the other end of the crib where I had been storing some stuffed animals! He was SO proud of himself...playing with a stuffed turtle and so very, very happy that he had accomplished such a feat. Chris was still home so he came in to check out Luke's new accomplishment and we agreed to allow Luke to play with his turtle for a little while longer. "A little while longer" ended up being an hour and Luke never took his morning nap. This trend continued all day, as Luke was so excited about his new found freedom he didn't take any naps and ended up being a VERY grumpy baby around 4pm. I was also grumpy and exhausted because I had been up until 1am the night before applying for jobs.
At 4pm I decided to put Luke into his crib, with no toys, and let him cry for a while. After 20 mins of crying I went back into his room and he had turned himself around yet again, and this time was positioned directly under his mobile. My instincts told me to remove the mobile because Luke's arms appeared to be long enough to grab one of the creatures and consequently, tug it down. I figured I was overreacting so I left the room with the mobile still in place. Luke continued to cry for another 15 mins and I ignored him, thinking he was overtired. Once his crying became much worse, I went in to check on him...and there he was, with the mobile on top of him all tangled around his arms and trunk. I chose not to take a picture of this because I don't want social services knocking on my door (plus I ripped off the mobile as quickly as possible!). So now Luke's crib is very bare and boring...hopefully he'll get over the excitement of moving around and sleep sometime soon!
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment